Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's a...


GIRL!!!

On the day before Thanksgiving, my mom took me to get a 3D ultrasound. Samantha Mary Hoop takes after me, in that she does not like to cooperate for doctors. I wish she would have gotten the memo that the 3D ultrasound was not performed by doctors and is purely for fun.  But Samantha chose to remain curled up in a ball, with her hands and feet around her head. Although this prevented us from seeing her face most of the time, we were finally able to determine gender.

The funny thing is that she should have been active. She likes to kick me when I’ve eaten and when I have to pee. And drinking a sweet drink is supposed to make her active as well. I had a snack and sweet drink before the ultrasound, and I even had to pee, but she did not want to move.
We had a full house for the ultrasound – 12 people, including me! I think that everyone had a good time, despite Samantha’s stubbornness. The techs tried their best, and let my session run over time, since they knew I wouldn’t be able to come back within 2 weeks.

I’m just glad we got a few pictures and found out the gender. Since Samantha hasn’t cooperated at any of my doctor’s appointments, I really thought we’d end up with a butt shot and no gender determination! 

In fact, the day before the 3D ultrasound, I had my second regular ultrasound. The tech still didn’t get the needed measurements. I came home from our Thanksgiving vacation to find two messages from my doctor’s office. When I called back, I was told that I had to make another ultrasound appointment. Good times.
Although it isn’t very clear, I think this is my favorite of the 3D pics. It looks like Samantha has both hands (or feet?) up to her mouth. 
More 3D ultrasound pics at http://hooppics.shutterfly.com/12377.

No comments:

Post a Comment