Monday, December 12, 2011

Results


Today was a pretty good day thanks to a bunch of good news. 

My arms look like I’ve been used as a human pincushion (that’s not the good part), because I went for another 3-hour glucose test on Saturday. Surprisingly, the results came back before lunch today, and my sugar is in the normal range.  So I am happy that I don’t have gestational diabetes. I think that might be the last glucose test I have to take during this pregnancy.

The nurse also called this morning with the results of last week’s ultrasound.  The good news is that my placenta is no longer considered low. But still no official word on whether or not I’m allowed to have sex again. I think I’m going with yes. The bad/dumb news is that the tech still couldn’t get one of the measurements: the profile of Samantha’s face. Does anyone know why it is required to get the profile of the face? Because it sounds a little silly to have a fourth ultrasound just for a face profile. I made an appointment anyway since they had an opening on my day off.

Yoga is tonight… and tomorrow!   Someone asked the yoga instructor if she could offer a class later in the evening for parents that can’t make Monday’s class due to the early time. So today it was announced that a new class is starting tomorrow. I am pretty excited about having 2 days of yoga a week. But the best part is that if I get home too late on a Monday (traffic this time of year can be a nightmare), I can still attend the Tuesday class and get at least 1 day of yoga. Woo-hoo!

Okay, the rest isn’t news, but it makes me happy. Aaron put almost all of the Christmas cards in the mail box this morning to mail out. I’ve got 2 more to address tonight and maybe a third if I hear back from my cousin with his address. And then the Christmas cards will be all mailed! I still need to write a bunch of thank-you cards, but I decided those were too hard to write while waiting for my blood draws on Saturday.  

Yesterday Aaron put together a Deluxe Nursery Center Playard. It solves the dilemma of where Samantha is going to sleep initially.  It has a co-sleeper type bassinet that sits on top of the playard, at just the right height for our bed.  The co-sleeper bassinet can be removed, and like most fancy playards, it has a full bassinet feature and a changing table. Eventually I think we’ll try to move Samantha to a crib, but I’m really happy to have found a solution for co-sleeping to start with.  Isn’t it pretty:

No comments:

Post a Comment